The Earthwise TC70001 Electric Tiller is a corded electric cultivator by Earthwise that features a sturdy 8.5amp motor and four durable steel tines. It prepares the soil for planting. It is also a robust planting and weeding tool.
Features and specifications
This small rototiller has awesome features that make it easy to start, use, and store. These features include:
- A powerful 8.5amp motor that is powerful enough to allow deep and wide cultivation
- Four steel tines which allow the tiller to cut the hard-packed soil in your garden to a depth of 8 inches and a width of 11 inches
- Lightweight. This tiller only weighs 2.2 pounds. This means that you can move it around your garden easily.
- Ergonomic handle for easy handling during operation
- Easy controls located at the handles which make operation easy even to beginners.
- On/off lever and a power cord retention hook for safety
It’s motor and battery
The 8.5amp motor of this battery-powered tiller is worth an honorable mention. It is what makes this tiller different from smaller models such as the Earthwise TC70025 model. It makes it more heavy-duty than it looks. It is more powerful than its gas-powered counterparts. You can easily charge the battery in a short period, and I can assure you that I will hold its charge until you are done.
How it works
This garden cultivator mixes and pulverizes garden soil, thereby enhancing aeration and the movement of water and oxygen throughout the soil. Its operation is a sweet piece of cake. All you have to do is to hold it in position as it does the donkey work on your garden for you. A push of a button and you are ready to go. Apart from its soft grip handles, its controls at your fingertips are user-friendly and preparing your garden with this electric tiller is an experience you will enjoy from the beginning to the end. It also has awesome safety features to ensure that your safety is guaranteed whenever you use it. You can make use of its flip-down wheels for easy transportation and storage in your garage after use.
Pros and cons
One of the things that you will like about this 8.5amp tiller cultivator is its strong but light build that makes movement easy. Movement is further made easier by its 6-inch durable and versatile wheels. Here are other advantages of this small tiller.
- It is easy to start, operate, transport and store
- It cuts soil up to a depth of 8 inches and a width of 11 inches, leaving the soil properly furrowed and aerated.
- The tiller offers precise tilling with no difficulties
- Its small size makes it useful in tilling and cultivating the small areas near houses, walls, and fences.
- It is earth-friendly in every aspect of the word. It doesn’t emit dangerous gases to the environment.
This small rototiller is also easy to maintain. Perhaps its only downside is that it is only suitable for tilling small to medium-sized gardens.
Your search for a powerful but small garden tiller stops here. On top of helping you in preparing your garden for planting, this electric tiller is also good at planting and weeding. Indeed, there are a few electric rototillers that can beat it in weed control. It is, therefore, the multipurpose garden tool that you badly need to make your gardening work easy. It is a small tiller but with the power to do great things in your garden. It is a must-have tool for an avid gardener.